The Art Directors Club of Metropolitan Washington (ADCMW) is where creative minds align. We’re proud to be the oldest organization of graphic design professionals in the mid-Atlantic region. Since 1953, we’ve fostered vibrant exchanges among unique thinkers so members can score:
- Jobs! Full-time gigs and part-time contract work are a handshake away.
- Friends! Imaginative chats over a beverage of choice is just the beginning.
- Ideas! Creatives solve real-world problems. (But you know that already.)
Aside from an annual membership fee that’s half other organizations’ rates, we absolutely guarantee as a 501(c)(3) that all our dues go back to the DC creative community. Our members’ support enables our volunteers to organize informative and rewarding learning opportunities and networking events for the DC region’s benefit only.
That programming includes lectures, workshops, awards shows, happy hours and much more. Members — and potential members — join us for everything we offer, or attend just a few events to fit their schedules.
About ADCMW Members
ADCMW and its members are all about positive energy! (Supportive individuals only. Lots of laughter encouraged.) Dues of $35-$150 to our 501(c)(3) are tax-deductible and afford members these annual benefits:
- Free entry to all industry-leading lecture series events ($40-50 for non-members)
- Free entry to exclusive, member-only events
- Early-bird sign-ups to our workshops each year (which typically sell out)
- Discounts on entries to our prestigious Annual Show
- Discounts on regional events like An Event Apart
- 50% off all job postings on the ADCMW website
- Access to regular portfolio review services through CDIA and Corcoran
- Instant feedback to ANY question you have via an exclusive list of nearly 500 DC-area art directors, agencies, and creative individuals
Learn more about membership rates and join us today.
Volunteering for ADCMW
Our board members volunteer their time to attend one meeting a month and bring about targeted programming, educational initiatives, marketing, publications like FullBleed, and creative endeavors to support the community at-large.
Our volunteers beyond the board commit to projects or events as requested and need is available. If you’re interested in exploring how you can get involved a bit, tell us what interests you and we’ll find a match!
What ADCMW Wants to Achieve
At our core, we’re a non-profit organization of creative individuals who are dedicated to advocating professionalism in the field of visual communications.
For nearly 60 years, we’ve been keeping the creative community around the nation’s capital informed about design and the professional aspects of design; we also help the business community understand the power of effective design.
If you want to learn more about ADCMW, check out our history, learn more about our purpose, or read the fascinating bylaws. If you still want more, simply contact us with your questions and comments — we’re looking forward to hearing from you!