Creative Director at American Society For Engineering Education (ASEE)
The Director of Art and Production (Creative Director) bears overall responsibility for the design, look, and realization of the Society’s print, audio, visual, audiovisual and electronic materials (excluding backend programming work on websites) manages the Art and Production Office including staff and budget development and oversight.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supporting ASEE HQ design needs
o Assigning illustration/photography for all publications (including journals, magazines, annual report, sponsorship materials, programs, brochures, etc.)
o Designing covers and layouts for publications
o Designing house ads promoting ASEE products and services, classified ads, and the ASEE Media Kit
o Designing presentation slide and ASEE letterhead stationary templates
o Designing audiovisual productions (e.g., films, podcasts, etc.)
o Designing election ballots and awards certificates
• Interpreting designed messages and concepts into audiovisual imagery
• Maintaining consistency and continuity in ASEE’s audiovisual images and aesthetic approach.
• Knowledge of and experience with production across print, audio, and audiovisual platforms.
• Manage Art and Production Office staff and budget
Qualifications (essential and desired):
• Ten plus years of extensive experience in graphic design and interpreting designed messages/concepts into imagery
• Proficient on PC platform with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
• Have a portfolio that shows work across all media – print, audio, video, audiovisual, and online.
• Strong conceptual, creative skills and consistently meet deadlines.
• Bachelor of Fine Arts or related degree
Relationships (e.g., reports to, works with, supervises):
The Creative Director currently reports to the Executive Director
The Creative Director works with Department and Office Directors as well as other members of ASEE’s staff. S/he supervises a senior designer and interactive producer, a production coordinator and audiovisual producer, a senior graphic designer and a junior graphic designer.
Minimum work experience required/preferred:
Ten years of progressive responsibility in related areas
Submit resume to: email@example.com